Hello everyone! Today I am excited to announce the winner of my 50 followers coloring book giveaway!
Oh wow I can’t believe that it is #4 already! Time has just flown!
Welcome back to the next episode of Paint and Pens! Today we are going to use some old book pages and soft thread to make a really beautiful ATC!
Note: Please prepare one 2 1/2″ by 3 1/2″ piece of cardstock, an old book page, a large-eye needle, and some embroidery floss for today’s episode.
First cut or tear a small piece of the book page to fit the piece of cardstock
Next glue on the piece of book page!
Thread your large-eye needle with the embroidery floss.
Begin sewing with the overcast stitch around the edge, you could also do the blanket stitch if you prefer!
Keep “sewing” until you reach the other side of the card.
And here is the finished ATC!
Don’t forget to enter my Giveaway!
Hello everyone! Welcome to Paint and Pens #3!
Today we will work with some watercolor paint to make 2 really beautiful ATC’s!
Hello everyone! Recently I received 1 award and 1 tag (I combined them in this post)
Let’s start with the Music Tag!
A big thank you to Rebecca for nominating me for this tag!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to there blog
- Link back to Michele’s blog
- Display the Music Tag image
- You can add questions that you think would be fun to answer!
- Nominate as many people as you would like!
The Questions I was asked:
What is your favorite song, and why? Hmm, I really like Contemporary Christian Music, so probably Garden by Kari Jobe, or something from Lauren Daigle!
Who is your favorite historical composer and why? Mozart probably, I really like his music.
Who is your favorite modern composer? Probably Kari Jobe or Lauren Daigle!
What type of music is your favorite? Contemporary Christian!
What it the song that you last played on your instrument, if you do play one? Well I play piano, so I last played, hmm, well that would have been yesterday. I think that I last played something called William Tell Overture. It is a final achievement piece for my second book.
What is the last song you were singing/playing in your head? I do this ALL THE TIME! I was just humming First by Lauren Daigle, as I was typing her name up there!
When is your favorite time to listen to music? Probably when I am mad, it helps me to relax!
The questions I am asking you!
- Do you play an instrument, if so which one?
- Have you ever taken music or voice lessons?
- What is your favorite type of music, why do you like it?
- If you could play any instrument what would it be?
- Who is your favorite historical composer?
- What is you favorite song?
Next up The Liebster Award!
Note: I had already done a different Liebster Award awhile ago but decided to do it again!
I was nominated by Kristina for this award!
- Recognize the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Tag 5-11 other bloggers
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
The questions I was asked:
Where are you from? I live in a small town in Ohio.
If you could move anywhere where would it be? I like where I live now!
Favorite Childhood memory? A few years ago I went to New York City with my dad, and had a lot of fun there!
What is your strangest fear? Probably going downstairs in the middle of the night!
What is your all time favorite movie? I like Dolphin Tale 2, especially because I got to see it in theater!
Why did you start a blog? I had to do it for school, but, then I just kept it gong I guess!
What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time? Read, Craft and take pictures of things outside!
What is your dream vacation? Going to Paris for a few weeks!
What is at the top of your bucket list? White water rafting!
What are your goals before 2017 ends? For blogging: To create better quality posts, and to gain 100 followers!
What is your favorite food? Chocolate! Hands down!
- Why did you start a blog?
- What is your favorite thing to take pictures of?
- Outside or inside?
- Ice cream or Cupcake?
- Have you ever been to the ocean?
- Favorite color?
- Favorite Candy?
- Do you like to read?
- Do you make goals or not?
- Have you ever been skiing?
- Do you play a sport?
I am going to nominate anyone who would like to be nominated!
Have a great day, and happy Friday!
Hello everyone! Welcome to the second episode of my craft series!
Note: I have decided to call my craft series “Paint and Pens”
Have you ever colored adult coloring books? I have and really like them! Today we are going to make Adult Coloring ATC’s, they are really easy and super fun to make!
For today’s ATC’s you will need an adult coloring book page, pencils or fine tip markers, gel pens (optional but highly recommended)
- This is a super easy ATC to make!
- Draw 2 1/2″ by 3 1/2″ rectangles onto the adult coloring book page with a pencil.
- Note: Make sure to be careful of where you draw out your ATC’s, for example if there is a pretty flower that you want in your ATC make sure not to cut it in half 🙂
- Cut out the traced rectangles.
- Now time for the fun part!
- Color in the ATC’s with markers or pencils.
- I like to outline the shapes with gel pens, especially the glitter kind! It adds a pretty shine to them! (thanks to my clever friend Anna for the idea)
Here are some of the Adult coloring book ATC’s that I made!
I hope you had fun making ATC’s with me! Watch out for next weeks episode of Paint and Pens!
Sneak peak for next week!
Have a great week!
Hello everyone! Welcome to my first craft series post! These next 6 weeks we will explore all about ATC’s (artist trading cards) how to make them and what to do with them!
First, what are Artist Trading Cards?
These 2 1/2″ by 3 1/2″ little works of art can be gifted, traded or kept, (but NEVER SOLD) Add what you want to them, why you can even draw on them, or dip them in paint! Whatever you want!
How do you make ATC’s?
Start with a 2 1/2″ by 3 1/2″ piece of cardstock. Add what you want! It could be something from nature, a pretty piece of paper, whatever expresses you creativity!
Why make art anyway?
Art makes us feel good about ourselves! It helps us express our creativity with the world!
Lets get started on making ATC’s! Today we will make 3 very basic (but still fun) cards!
(I like to cut out a bunch of the cards at once, then when I want to make an ATC I just pick up a card and start creating, you can also buy precut ATC cards on amazon)
Cut three 2 1/2″ by 3 1/2″ pieces of cardstock and set aside.
I love how modern and neat this simple ATC is!
- You are going to begin with the WIFI symbol
- Next draw a border
- Finally write, “Cuz’ I’m out of WIFI”
Remember to make it your own!
This ATC almost looks like a heartbeat to me!
- Draw squiqly lines all around the card
Use your creativity to find fun colors to use!
Another fun ATC! I love using markers to add designs!
- Begin by drawing curved lines diagonally across the card
- Next draw designs in between the lines!
Have fun drawing designs!
I hope you had fun making ATC’s with me! Next week we will go more in-depth and make a really cool ATC! But this week I just wanted to keep it simple!
Also, if you are looking for a place to trade your ATC’s you should really check out Haley’s blog she does safe online ATC trades! She also has some really neat ATC ideas to try! Check it out!!!!!! https://flourishingbyrestfulfalls.wordpress.com
P.S. Do you like my sign-off?
P.P.S. I now have 25 followers! Thank you so much Enni for helping me!
Yes! I have been nominated for yet another award!
Thank you so much Gracie!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator has given you
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer
- List the rules on your blog and display the award!
The questions that I was asked:
1. What are you wearing right now?
I have to admit I am still in my PJ’s
2. Do you prefer a Ponytail or a braid?
3. If you could choose one book to read for the rest of your life what book would it be?
Hmmmmm, maybe Little Women??
4. What is your favorite word?
5. Reading or Writing?
6. Would you rather read a book while sitting under a tree or in a tree?
Probably under a tree on a picnic blanket??
7. If you could take a week-long vacation to any place in the world for free, what would you choose?
Hawaii! The only problem would be that I might not want to leave!
8. Favorite ice-cream flavor?
Black raspberry chocolate chunk!
9. Tea or coffee?
10. What is one of the strangest dreams you can remember?
I don’t really remember any dreams………………………..
11. If you could choose a superpower to have, what would it be?
I could snap my fingers and change my outfit!
I don’t know who else to nominate! If you haven’t been nominated for this award then do it!
- What is your favorite food?
- Why did you start a blog?
- Favorite kind of cookies?
- Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
- Your favorite emoji?
- Do you like taking pictures?
- Your favorite color?
- Favorite movie?
- Do you like to write?
- Favorite book?
- favorite word?
Have fun nominees!
I have always loved to craft! When I was little I glued tissue paper to a piece of construction paper to make cards and made paper plate clocks with my dad. When I was 8 I learned how to use a sewing machine and have loved to sew with it ever since. By the way, I know this isn’t about crafting but I just love ocean photos so enjoy!