Hey friends! I don’t know about you, but I’ve always thought that tie dye was so bright, colorful and honestly kind of crazy. I’m more of a neutral girl and wear many more neutral outfits than bright ones. I just didn’t really think tie dye was my thing. Then, I discovered something that I thought (and still think) is amazing: neutral tie dye. The idea that you could have pastel or neutral colored tie dye really changed the game for me and so I thought I’d share a couple of my favorites ways to style neutral & pastel tie dye!
Before I get into the rest of the post I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Urban Dyes Co. for sending me two of their shirts to include in this post!* The shirts are super high quality and mine have held up over several washes, keeping true to their original colors and designs. I love how this shop sticks with a more neutral color palette – it’s totally my style and I’m sure you guys will absolutely love these shirts!
1. Simply tuck it in with jeans. I love a good t-shirt tucked in with jeans! It’s such a classic look and so easy to put together! You can totally add a layered necklace or some hoop earrings (or both) to elevate the look!
2. Cardigan, jeans and a tie dye tee. This is a great idea to dress up a basic tie dye tee a little bit. Layering is one of my favorite things to do in the winter and I love the idea of adding a pop of tie dye to an outfit like this!
3. Tie dye sweatshirt and leggings. This one is one of my favorite at-home/lounge outfits. You can totally do this with a t-shirt in the warmer months as well, but I love a good oversized sweatshirt in the winter. 😉
4. Try just a tie dye accessory. If you don’t want to go full out on tie dye, just try an accessory like a scrunchie, hair scarf or even a mask! This will add a fun pop of creativity and pizazz to your outfit!
5. Dress it up with a skirt. If you’re more of a skirt girl, why not try tying up a tie dye t-shirt with your favorite jean skirt. I love the way this one button’s down – I literally wear it all the time!
6. If you do wear other tie dye items, keep them in the same color palette. In other words, don’t wear an orange tie dye shirt with blue tie dye joggers, even if they’re pastel/neutral. It just looks, you know… maybe a little tacky? *shudders*
7. Try tie dye in a color you already like. If you want to start trying out some tie dye clothes/accessories, try them out in a color you already like and know looks good on you! For example, if you love yellow, try out a yellow tie dye tee. Sticking with colors that are already in your comfort zone is a great way to try out a print that may not be in your comfort zone.
8. Avoid rainbow tie dye. Okay, this one might be a little controversial, but you guys, rainbow tie dye is just NOT my thing. It’s super bright and I honestly think that it’s unflattering on most people. Sorry, all you rainbow tie dye lovers. 😬
Alright you guys, I think that’s it for this post! I hope you enjoyed and if you’d like to see more posts similar to this, definitely make sure to like and subscribe down below! Also, don’t forget to drop a comment down below as well – I’d absolutely love to hear from you! 💕
*Urban Dyes Co. sent me 2 shirts to review and include in this post. However, all opinions are my own and I definitely wouldn’t share something with you guys if I didn’t enjoy it myself! 😉
P.S. Don’t forget to save this post for later on Pinterest! Here’s a helpful image for that: