Who loves pillows? (raises hand high in the air) Well, if you are raising your hand, you’re in luck! 🙂 Today I will be sharing with you a super easy way to cover a pillow! These are so fun and promise, that you will absolutely love them! And I’ve taken a ton of photos to make it super easy to follow along! Let’s get started.
To make 1 pillow cover you will need:
- 1 yard of Decorator weight cotton fabric.
- Basic sewing supplies and equipment.
- 16″ pillow form.
1. Cut one 18″ square from the fabric.
2. Cut two 18″ by 15″ rectangles from the fabric.
3. Iron all three pieces.
-The Pillow Cover-
1. Start by ironing a 1/2″ hem on one of the long sides of the 18″ by 15″ rectangles. Make sure to fold over twice!
2. Sew with a 1/4 stich width on the ironed hem.
3. Repeat with the other 18″ by 15″ rectangle.
4. Place the 18″ by 18″ square face-up on the work surface. Lay one of the hemmed 18″ by 15″ rectangles on top of the face-up square. Make sure that the hemmed edge of the 18″ by 15″ rectangle is facing out.
5. Lay the other 18″ by 15″ rectangle on top of the square, and other rectangle. Again, make sure that the hemmed edge is facing out.
6. Pin all around the piece, that you just put together.
7. Sew around the edge of the piece with a 1/4 seam allowance. You don’t need to leave an opening, you will be turning out your piece using the other opening.
8. Zig-zag stitch all around the edges of the already sewn piece.*
9. Turn the pillow cover inside out and give it a good iron!
10. Insert the pillow form!
*Since Decorator Fabric is more loosely woven then regular cotton fabric it will fray easier. Sewing the zig-zag stitch around the edge helps prevent fraying!
Didn’t that turn out cute? Now it’s time for a pillow fight and then a long nap! XD 😉 I hope you enjoyed making this pillow/ pillow cover and the best thing about it is, you can make a bunch of pillows covers and change them out!
Note: Next week is a busy week for me with Easter coming up and spring break. The next/last Decorator Cotton Fabric series part will be coming out on April 5th.
However, I’m still going to be posting next week, I just won’t have a lot of time for extra DIY projects! 😉
Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!
Do you like pillows?
Will you try out this tutorial?
Did you like the Macron print? (if you don’t know what Macron’s are you’d better look them up)
Did you just look up what Macron’s are?