Hey guys! I’ve been soooo excited for this post for a while now! Tie dye has been a big trend all summer and now into the fall and I’m super excited to finally be posting about it! I feel like some tie dye colors are so flashy or can look kind of grunge, tbh but others can look so cute and classy – which if you’ve been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know I love! Today I thought I’d share a couple of my favorite ways to style the tie dye trend in a super classy & cute way!
But first, before we get started I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Dyed Designs Shop on Etsy for sending me the tie dye sweatshirt for this post! You guys, I’m not even kidding, this sweatshirt is super affordable, cute and cozy! I got a size small in the tan color and it’s just the cutest! The color is a neutral – actually almost a rose gold color and it’s so perfect!
Alright, now for some tips on how to wear tie dye and still look classy & cute!
1. Wear the tie dye item with other classic items. For example, here I’ve paired the sweatshirt with a basic pair of skinny jeans and white sneakers. It’s a super cute and classic look that makes the tie dye item stand out and it also balances the tie dye trendy piece with more classic pieces.
2. Stick to more neutral or pastel tie dye colors. It can be fun to add a pop of color here and there, but I think that more neutral and pastel colors still give the outfit a fun and boho vibe, without being to crazy. My favorite tie dye colors are beige, light pink, dusty blue, mustard yellow and pastel mint blue!
3. Avoid wearing two tie dye items at once, unless they’re matching. Okay, so yes, I think the idea of a matching tie dye sweatshirt and jogger set are cute, but when an outfit has all tie dye or in particular multiple colors of tie dye, I think it can just look a little cheap. I would much rather have an outfit with one tie dye accent piece, rather than a bunch of random pieces. It goes to say that you might have two pieces that look incredible by themselves, but when put together they look anything but incredible.
4. Add some classic jewelry pieces. I love pairing pretty much any outfit with a good dainty necklace and a couple bracelets or a scrunchie, but I think especially with a really trendy item (tie dye) it’s good to have some classic and dainty jewelry pieces mixed in.
5. Layer other items on top of the tie dye piece. If you don’t want to wear all tie dye or want to keep your look more subtle and sophisticated, try layering items over the tie dye piece, so only part of the tie dye is showing. I think a black or white vest over a tie dye sweatshirt looks cute and also something smaller tie dye, like a scrunchie or face mask.
6. Wear one trend item per outfit. Okay, so I know I’ve talked about this before in other posts, but I’m gonna say it again because I think that it’s a super important style tip! Try to only wear one trend in an outfit. You want to keep your style cohesive and (at least for me) I don’t like jumping from one thing to the next and trying everything at once. I’d much rather stick to my style and add in a couple trend items that I enjoy per season.
7. Look for affordability in trend items. As fun as they might be, trends do come and go. So, if you’re looking to incorporate trends into your closet and still stay on budget, invest in the classic pieces and choose trend items that aren’t super expensive. One of my favorite things about the sweatshirts from Dyed Designs Shop are that their crewnecks & hoodies are all $30 no matter what size and free shipping!
Alright you guys, I think that’s it for today’s post! I really hope you guys enjoyed this and be on the lookout for some fun gift guides for everybody coming out very soon!
Also, if you haven’t already my Christmas collection is out on Etsy and I’m super excited with how everything turned out!! Go check that out now and let me know what you think! 🙂
P.S. Don’t forget to pin this post to Pinterest! Here’s a helpful image for that!