I’ve made a new and updated DIY Dried Lilac Flower tutorial! Check it out here!
Hello everyone, today I will be showing you how to dry your own lilac flowers. When we think about dried flowers we usually think of dried lavender or roses, but I love the smell of lilacs so I decided to try to dry them. My result was wonderful, hopefully later this summer I will be able to show you how to dry roses too.
You will need:
A lilac bush to pick your flowers from
Paper bags (how many depends on the amount flowers you will be drying)
Clothespins (2 for every bag you dry)
Clothesline (for drying the flowers)
Skill level: 2
Time to make: Harvesting the flowers takes about 10 minutes but you need about a week or two for drying time
- Find a lilac bush,2. Pick some clusters of flowers
3. Pull off the actual flowers and put them into a paper bag
4. Fold the top of the bag over twice so the flowers don’t fall out, take 2 clothespins and hang your bag on the clothesline.
5. Let the bag/bags dry on the line as long as possible (up to a week, but whatever you do don’t leave them out in the rain, just bring them inside)
6. After about a week your flowers will be dry, put them in a Mason jar and enjoy!