Hey guys! I’m so excited for you all to read this post! Something quite a few of you said in my recent survey was that you had trouble finding modest but also relatively inexpensive clothing. And I get it. It’s super challenging. However, I’ve recently done a lot of research on this, and believe it or not, I’ve actually found quite a few great places, with a variety of styles and options!
Note: Before I start this post I just want to clarify two things. 1) I’m not attempting to set the standard of modesty for everyone. All the items that I’m recommending are things that I would personally wear, and all of the shops have items that I would wear, even if I wouldn’t wear some of the items they sell. 😉 2) No item or shop in this post is sponsored whatsoever. The reason I say this is because I think it would be very easy to assume that all of these shops are paying me to advertise these items, and that’s only why I’m sharing them, which isn’t the case. 😉
I’m first going to share some of my favorite shops, then I’ll be sharing some of my favorite items from a variety of shops.
The whole aesthetic of this shop is just absolutely gorgeous! They’re pretty affordable (especially the clearance) and have so many great clothing pieces! The shipping is great too, which makes for a great buying experience.
Eeep, I love their casual knit dresses, jumpsuits and sweaters. Actually, everything in this shop is absolutely adorable! This might be my favorite of all the shops I’m mentioning in this post. Again, as modest clothing goes, they’re pretty affordable and they have free shipping, which is a huge bonus.
Another favorite, the aesthetic is just so pretty! My favorite part has to be all the cute tops. They all have great necklines, and lengths, while looking super comfy!
Let me preface this by saying that (like most stores) you have to sift through the stuff you’d never wear to find the few pieces that you would wear. But they also have great brands and great prices. I usually don’t like online thrift stores, but my mom has found some great things on there, so maybe I’ll try it out sometime. I think it would be great for things like expensive handbags and coats.
Guyss, the dresses in this shop! 😍 (well actually make that everything in this shop XD) They are a little more pricey, but I love the style and I think the extra cost would be worth it. And the best part is: They’re constantly adding new styles!
So, this isn’t an online shop, but my state alone has 28 locations, and I know there are a lot around. I shop at my local Plato’s Closet often, and again, it isn’t particularly modest, but there are a lot of options that are modest, or can be made modest. I buy about 80% of my clothes there, and there’s always a great variety of brands and styles which is great because we literally only have Kohls, and the nearest “big” shopping center is over an hour away. 🙃
Also, if you’re looking to sell your clothes Plato’s Closet pays more than ThredUp, and you get your clothing returned at no extra cost. This is also a great way to support other girls in your area trying to be modest. By selling your clothes (that are still in good condition, but just don’t fit, or you’ve become tired of) you’re actually helping other girls, by providing modest options for them, and you’re getting paid! Win-win!
^^ Those are some of my favorite clothing stores, and now I’m super excited to share some of my favorite pieces for the upcoming fall season!
- Oversized Plaid Cardigan – American Eagle
- Button Front Long Cardigan – American Eagle
- Oversized Chenille Cardigan – American Eagle
- Marled Rib Cardigan – American Eagle
- A-Line Button Front Skirt – Sweet Salt Clothing
- Amelia Light Blue Skirt – Citrus & Lemon
- Mauve Tie Skirt – Cleo Madison
Jumpsuits / Rompers:
- Yellow and White Striped Tee – Sweet Salt Clothing
- Knit Baseball Sleeve Top – Sweet Salt Clothing
- Hunter Green and White Stripes Tee – Citrus & Lemon
- Ivory and Camel Polka Dots Top – Citrus & Lemon
- White and Multicolor Stripes Front Tie Tee – Citrus & Lemon
- Black and White Stripes Tee – American Eagle
- Sunflower Gold Color Block Tee – Old Navy
- Skinny Denim Overalls – Kohls
- High-Waisted Jegging – Dark Wash – American Eagle
- Super-Soft High-Waisted Jegging – American Eagle
- Switzerland Striped Dress – Cleo Madison
- Skyler Button Dress – Cleo Madison
- Light Blue Overall Dress – Citrus & Lemon
- Mini Polka Dots Dress – Citrus & Lemon
- Tiffany Ash Blue Dress – Citrus & Lemon
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and I hope it inspired some fall fashion ideas! I’d love to hear your thoughts on this post down below in the comments.
Also, one more thing, would you guys like to see a fall (modest) fashion try-on haul with some of the outfits I come up with over the next few months?