Hey guys! I think that one of the best things we can do during this stressful time (states reopening, confusion, sickness, etc) is to find small ways to bless others around us. Even if it’s as simple as sending a friend a box of cookies or flowers, there are a bunch of little things you can do to spread kindness & joy. (without physically getting too close 😉 )
1. Get coffee (or your friends preferred beverage) delivered to their door. Many of your local coffee shops likely have a delivery service where you can order online and get it delivered to a friend’s door. Or, if you live in a more rural area, you could personally deliver it, ring the doorbell and leave. 🙂
2. Mail someone a letter or card. It can be as simple as a quick note or floral card, or it can be a 5 page letter. It doesn’t really matter, just keep it positive and encouraging – maybe even include one of your favorite Bible verses or encouraging quotes. 🙂
3. Send them a pizza & have a virtual pizza party. You don’t have to go all-out with super expensive pizza, etc (I mean you can, but it’s totally not essential) just send your friends a Zoom invite and a pizza, and have your party!
4. Send a virtual hug. There are several ways to do this one! You can just send a friend/family member the gif above ^, or you can virtually send them a personalized message. Or, if you want them to physically receive something, you could send them a Huggy Box. (what a cute idea, right!?)
5. Visit someone & talk through the window or on their porch. My family actually did this for my grandma for Mother’s Day. We brought her flowers and visited through the window. 🙂 She was so surprised and excited to see us in person, rather than over FaceTime or Zoom.
6. Go through your contact list and check in on your friends & family. I’m sure there are a ton of people on your contact list that you haven’t reached out to in a while, and now is the perfect time to reach out and check in on them. Hey, you might even reconnect with some old friends!
7. Host a Zoom party to watch a movie & send your friends popcorn & fairy lights. Even if you can’t watch a movie with friends at your houses or in the theater, you can still watch a movie together! You can either send your friends each a DVD or broadcast the movie over Zoom. (just share your screen & click play 😉 ) To make it even more fun and exciting, send each of your friends popcorn and fairy lights through Amazon. It’s super easy! 😁
8. Go online shopping together. Out of all the ideas on this list, this might be my favorite! If you and your friends love going shopping together, you can totally still do it. Just get together on Zoom, have your screens ready, and online shop. When someone finds something, she can share her screen and get everyone’s opinion on it, just like you would if you were all at the mall together!
9. Send flowers! I mean, who doesn’t love receiving flowers!? Even if you can’t deliver them in person (or stay to visit) this would be such a fun idea and a great way to support a local florist shop!
10. Send them a face mask. I actually got this idea from some of my customers on my Etsy shop. Several of them have sent face masks as gifts along with a sweet gift message. You can order a face mask through Etsy and have it shipped straight to your friend. Check out mine here!
I hope these ideas will be helpful for you guys! Also, I’d really love to hear how you guys have been blessing your friends & family these past couple of weeks, just let me know in the comments section below!
P.S. If you enjoyed this, I’d absolutely love if you shared it on Pinterest! 🙂