Hey guys! I don’t know about you, but I definetly love it when my bedroom feels nice, fresh & clean. And spring (and quarantine) are the perfect time to do this. Today, I thought I’d share 10 ideas how you can quickly & easily make your room feel fresh & clean for spring!
1. Dust & sweep. Okay, so I know that this one seems super obvious, but honestly, it’s so true! Just doing this one simple thing will instantly make your bedroom feel so much cleaner.
2. Add some plants. Adding plants is another easy way to bring some freshness into the room. There are so many easy to grow plants out there, so I’m sure you could find some that worked for your lighting situation.
3. Accent with neutral lighter colors, rather than dark bold ones. Bold accents are a great way to make a statement, but if you’re looking to make your room feel fresh and clean, they might not be the way to go. Even if you have a darker wall color, try accenting with whites, off whites, creams and pastels. Adding a neutral rug will lighten up a room with darker walls.
4. Declutter. If you have a lot of knick-knacks sitting everywhere and the walls are covered with wall hangings, tapestries, art, photos, etc, the room might look artsy & boho, but if you’re looking for a clean, crisp and fresh feel, maybe take those down. Having clean walls, clean bookshelves and a clean desk will make the room instantly feel cleaner and brighter.
5. Swap out bulky furniture. Bulky wood furniture can look cool (although it’s definitely not my style), but unless you have a gigantic bedroom, more often than not it makes the room feel very cluttered. Swap out the bulky wood furniture for metal or paint it white. I recently swapped out my huge desk for a much smaller, simpler metal one and wow, it makes the room feel so much less crowded.
6. Add some bright florals. Adding a floral bedspread (this one is SO GORGEOUS, seriously!!) or some flowers on the wall, or even some flowers in a vase on your nightstand, will make your bedroom feel so much springy and fresh. And besides, who doesn’t like florals!?
7. Wash your sheets and air them out. Personally, I can’t stand dirty, grimy sheets. I have to wash mine at least once a week. Every time I wash them, I always feel so clean when I hop into bed that night. I 100% recommend it.
8. Open the windows. Letting fresh air in will make your bedroom feel so fresh and clean! Don’t open them on rainy or humid days (otherwise it will make the room feel super humid), instead choose a cool sunny day and leave them open for a while. Or leave them open at night, keep in mind though, you might wake up to a chilly bedroom.
9. Clean the closet. I know that this is one we might not think of when we’re thinking about freshening up our room for spring, but it’s a super important tip! Clean out the closet and make room for some new shopping finds. It’s also important to not only clean out, but also to dust and sweep.
I hope you guys found these tips helpful & have enjoyed! If you did enjoy, I’d love if you shared this post on Pinterest! Thanks guys!