Hey guys! High school. It can be kind of a super crazy place sometimes, amiright? Even as a homeschooler, many of my friends go to school and they’ve told me that sometimes high school is a less than Christian place to be. I also realize that many/most homeschoolers have at least some interaction with public school, whether that be through sports, clubs, etc. In today’s post, I’m going to share a few super practical tips on how to actually share your faith with others in high school.
Also, I say practical tips because I know a lot of the time people will say, “Just be a good Christian,” and I think that’s great, except that isn’t specific on what to do on a practical level. So that’s pretty much what this post will be focusing on.
Let’s get into it:
Wearing Dignified & Christian Clothing
So there is two parts to this tip, 1) wearing things that make you worthy of the title, “Child of God,” and 2) wearing actual literal Christian clothing as a conversation starter.
1) I know, trends never seem to be particularly focused on modesty. I’m not saying that you have to wear a giant sack to school (because I wouldn’t, lol) and I’m not going to say exactly what I think people should and shouldn’t wear, because I think it can vary from person to person. But I am saying that you should make sure that you are representing yourself well as a child of God.
2) Wearing Christian clothing doesn’t have to be old or drab or boring. It also doesn’t have to be nerdy or weird. For example, I’m wearing this super cute Live Original sweatshirt, and I’ve had multiple people ask me what it’s about – it’s a great conversation starter, and it’s EASY! People will come up to you and ask about it, rather than you coming up to them. I’ll be linking a few of my favorite Christian clothes below:
- Lilac and Rose Designs – Etsy (any tee from there, super cute!!)
- Girl Defined – (they have a ton of cute tees and accessories around the holiday’s)
- Live Original Sweatshirt – Liveoriginal.com (literally my favorite sweatshirt EVER!!)
Join Bible Studies & Christian Clubs
Finding like-minded friends at your high school can be super tricky, but luckily, many public schools offer Bible studies and other Christian clubs. These can be a great way to connect with other Christians at your school, especially if it’s a big school. They’re also a great way to help you grow in your faith, as well as encourage other people. Surrounding yourself with other people who encourage and uplift you will be super beneficial in the long run!
Stay True To Your Beliefs
Guys, I know this can be a hard one! The thing is, people change, and you change. And sometimes things change for good, and also sometimes for bad. The nice, sweet kid you knew last year might be a huge rebel now. The kind gentle, good friend is now a total party girl. Your buddy from the past two years suddenly comes back a completely different person.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that you shouldn’t love these people and set a good example. But what I am saying is that if you notice yourself going along with what these people are doing when you’re with them, it might be time to find some other close friends. Peer pressure is a real thing, and it can get you into a lot of trouble if you aren’t careful.
Lead By Example
Leading by example is one of the best ways to share Jesus in others. If you are a joyful, thoughtful and kind person, then naturally people will notice that and wonder why.
Another easy thing you can do is to pray before meals. It doesn’t have to be a litany, just a short, quick prayer thanking God for your food. Your church might even have a traditional one that you can use.
I really hope these tips will be helpful for you guys. This (obviously) isn’t an all-exclusive list, but these are just some quick tips and encouragement. If you guys have any other ideas, I’d love to hear them in the comments below!
P.S. If you enjoyed this post and want to save it for later, then pin it to your Pinterest page so you can view it any time! 🙂