I promised awhile ago that I would do a how-to-dry roses tutorial when the roses came. Well now they are here. I also did this because Dried Lilac flowers has been the most successful post that I have written. You will need:
Microwave and Plate (if you choose the 2nd method)
Paper bag, clothespins, and clothesline (if you choose the first method)
Rosebush, or roses
Lets make it!
Note: There are 2 methods for drying. 1 and 2. Both work well but step 2 is much faster.
For all methods:
- Snip the flowers from the rose bush.
- Gently pull the petals off of the flowers
- Place into a paper bag
- Let hang on your clothes line for about 1 – 2 weeks
- Cut the stems as close to the flower as possible, making sure that the flower will set upright on the plate
- Now place on the plate and put in the microwave for 1 minute. Watch closely! It is amazing!
- Here is a before and after of the flower: