Hey guys! My last pen pal ideas post was super popular, and so I decided to write another one, specifically filled with ideas on ways to stay connected with friends and family during quarantine. I also noticed a lot of you saying that you would like to have a pen pal, but didn’t know how/where to find one, so I’ll give you a few hints and ideas there too. If you’re looking for some fun ways to stay connected (other than FaceTime) here you go!
Note: I will be mentioning quite a few resources/products in this post, but nothing is sponsored, I just really enjoy these resources personally and want to share them with you guys! 🙂
Ideas for staying connected during quarantine.
It’s definitely fun to FaceTime, but we’ve been doing a ton of that recently, haven’t we? Here are some more “out of the box” ideas:
- Send a nice handwritten letter rather than a long email.
- Send a party in a box for someone who couldn’t have their party in person due to quarantine.
- Send a pen-pal starter kit along with a note suggesting for you guys to become pen-pals.
- Send letters to people in nursing homes, even if you don’t know them, here’s a great post about that here.
- Send a collection of aesthetic quotes/photos to a friend.
- Send a care package to someone who’s lonely/sick.
What to include in your package.
It’s always fun to receive a handwritten letter in the mail, but it’s even more fun when the sender sent a few extra little goodies as well. Here are some ideas to get you started, based on who you’re sending the package to:
A handwritten letter to a friend.
If you guys typically email or text, why not send some fun snail mail too? Here are some extra fun add-in ideas:
- Drink mixes. (tea, hot cocoa, Gatorade, etc.)
- Vinyl stickers.
- Aesthetic photos from Pinterest.
- Hand lettered quotes/Bible verses.
- A playlist of encouraging music. (check out my spring playlist here)
- A face mask. (the skincare kind, Amazon has a bunch here)
- Polaroid prints.
A party in a box.
If a friend is having a birthday during quarantine I’m sure they would appreciate a little party in a box package. However, it can be tricky to know what to include, here’s a few things I like to include:
- Include some gifts. (if you were already planning on giving your friend some gifts, go ahead and use those, but if not, just think of some small(er) gifts that your friend would appreciate)
- Party supplies!
- Party hat.
A collection of aesthetic photos & quotes.
Sending some Polaroids, aesthetic photos & quotes is always a fun way to brighten someone’s day, here are some other ideas to include in the package.
- Mini clothespins. (to hang the photos/quotes/Polaroids)
- Fairy lights. (here’s a pack of 12 flat battery pack fairy lights)
- Tea. (to enjoy while looking at the loveliness)
A care package.
If you know someone is particularly lonely or sick, why not put together a little care package for them, here are a few ideas on what to include:
- Tea. (especially like throat coat or cold care, if the person is sick)
- Cozy socks.
- Chocolate. (be careful where you’re sending this, as it’s starting to warm up and you don’t want the chocolate to melt)
- Packaged food mixes. (especially if someone is sick)
- Face masks. (the skincare kind 😉 )
I hope these ideas will be helpful for you guys putting together packages and letters for your friends & family.
Also, if you or someone you know is in need of a cute fabric face mask with a filter pocket, I’m selling them on Etsy here.
P.S. Do you guys like the new style of photos/collages? Or do you prefer the old way?