For the past few days I have been wondering what on earth I should do with all of my patterns! I had all of these little scraps and pieces of patterns everywhere.
First lets look at tracing patterns:
- I like to trace my patterns onto parchment paper, it is easy to see the lines through!
- When you trace your patterns do it carefully! It is easy to make a simple mistake like tracing the hem line instead of the actual cutting line.
- Take your time when cutting the patterns as well!
Next lets take a look at storing our patterns:
- Find a cheep spiral bound notebook with lines in it (available at Walmart or any office supply store. Also known as “1 subject notebooks”)
- You may want to glue together 2-3 pieces of notebook paper (leave it in the notebook!!) so that you have 1 thick page. This prevents ripping!
- Find and label some large envelopes. You can label them for individual projects, or you can label them for pattern sizes.
- Finally glue in the envelopes to the thick pages in the notebooks!
I find it a ton easier when you can easily find your patterns! Enjoy!!